Tuesday, July 24, 2007

awe and intimacy...

so I woke up thinking this morning... how can I have a balanced relationship with God when I'm supposed to stand in awe of him, the train of his robe fills the temple with glory (just pause and think about that for a second.... yea. crazy), creator of the universe, God of wonders and all things are in his hands.

But

He's also the lover of my soul, more then a friend, intimate and close. So how do I balance the two? I know they must go hand in hand, but for me this task is hard. I don't want to lose the reverance I have and treat God like a 'buddy' but I dont want to stand in fear my whole life so maybe sometimes I do want him as my buddy. I dont know. I'm working on this one.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Fingers said...

He is Dad. He deserves our awe and respect but He loves us irregardless.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home