Sunday, February 18, 2007

Madies one and only blog about relationships

I don't write blogs about relationships or advice about them (God knows I don't have good advice when it comes to them) so this blog will most likely be the one and only time I write something along these lines so bare with me here...
I was at Jaime Klines (excuse me...Jaime Bates) wedding the other night. She was beautiful by the way. Jeremy West was there to give a blessing.Jeremy has a way with words. He said:
"Dustin love Jaime...Jaime be easy to love"

...now I just figured he would tell Jaime the same thing, you know, "Jaimie love Dustin...etc". But he didn't. He went to tell her:

"Jaime, respect Dustin...Dustin, be a man worthy of respect".

Whoa there. Respect?? Really? Not love? I've been thinking and pondering this statement for the past few days now. I have come to the conclusion that as women... we are naturally prone to want to love. We are nurturers, we are the ones that believe in happily ever after, watch chick flicks, cry at commercials, talk about the man of your dreams, and deny that we ever do all these things. But we do. Secret or not. We want to give our whole heart to a man, serve him and love him. Its natural for us to love. But RESPECT. Man...

Respecting a man for who he is can be hard. Respecting a man for wanting to pursue God and not you is hard. Respecting a man for his choice to pursue a vision and not back away from that can be hard too. Respecting a man for his choice to pull away from the things that he wants and doing the right thing (even though it hurts you in the end) is hard. Respecting and Honoring a man is hard for a girl...or maybe just me. Maybe its the other way around for men. I don't know. But as for me, I'm learning that loving is easy, but respecting someone is the thing I lack and am wanting God to instill in me. And this is not just about guys, this element of respect exudes far beyond just that. It is a respect to God, to family, to friends and to the world. Tryin to do what Aretha once sang about....

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

makes sense.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home