Tuesday, November 14, 2006

on earth as it is in heaven

(Thank you to Rob Bells book "velvet elvis" that started to make me think these thoughts)
I was thinking that we see Heaven and Hell as these far off places, but I dont think thats the case all the time. I think we forget that it's not so much this distant future thing, but it is trying to bring heaven to earth NOW and helping to avoid bringing the Hells on earth. I want to be the type of person who sees the injustice in the world...the hells on earth, and tries to tap into a piece of Heaven and bring it to that place. The Khmer Rouge, Rwanda, Nazis... Darfur. The depressed, the broken, the gangs, prisons, abused women... I want to see Heaven brought to situations such as these. I want to pray (and believe) "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven"
I cannot wait to get to Heaven. I cannot wait to finally go home, but I cannot wait to try and bring Heaven, the Kingdom of God to the here and nows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Celeste said...

Wooo! Yeah, amen to that. Great post. (And I'll be sure to put that book on my list for Christmas break.)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home